Fans of Square Enix's Play Arts Kai line probably wish they could have seen Square Enix's booth at Toy Fair 2013. It was an avalanche of Play Arts Kai figures of all shapes and sizes from a ton of different franchises. Here's a little bit of a list to help get you through the gallery:
- Hideo Kojima spoiled this a bit, but there's new Liquid Snake and Metal Gear Solid 2 Raiden figures. Also in the mix are three Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Raiden figures; a normal colorway in black and blue, a European exclusive in white and a Diamond exclusive in red. All three are the biggest Play Arts Kais yet: nearly a foot tall.
- The Man of Steel license was announced again, and both the Arkham City and Nolan Batman movie PAKs were on display in full effect. The Joker one is of note as it comes with three faces; the bank robbery face, a normal makeup face and a battle-worn face similar to the one we saw at the end of the film.
- On the game front, we saw the Halo, Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter, Tekken and Medal of Honor: Warfighter Play Arts Kai figures. This includes Warfighter's Preacher and the new KH: Dream Drop Distance figures of Sora and Riku.
- On the other hand, new at the show were Resident Evil 6's Leon Kennedy and Helena Harper.
- Also appearing at the show were a bunch of Final Fantasy VII Play Arts Kai, including a painted Rufus Shinra with his alternate, bandaged head; Yuffie, and Vincent.
- Finally, we'll save the biggest news for last; Square Enix's DC license is now extending into totally original designs. Yes, these are not connected to the New 52 or Injustice: Gods Among Us designs, but apparently entirely new ones that have a more mech feel to them. Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash and Batgirl are the starting lineup for this series. Not sure how I feel about it yet. It's ... different, for sure.
Check out the gallery for all the photos from the Square Enix booth, and let us know what you're thinking after seeing these Toy Fair wares!