I recently wrote about my issues in dealing with getting these dolls, and then the president of the Disney Store, Jim Fielding, stated that they were going to be making changes to how these dolls were released. Today we have the answer, and I can't wait to see how you guys feel about the changes.
Since it's somewhat in the form of a press release, hit the jump with me and we'll talk about the solution!
Dear Disney Store Guests:
As you may be aware, our new limited edition Disney Princess Designer Doll collection has generated a good deal of excitement. While many of you love the new dolls, you have also expressed frustration in securing your favorite Princess, and brought to our attention ways me could make the process fair for all Guests. We want you to know that we read your comments on Facebook, saw your Tweets and our wonderful Cast Members have told us what they heard from our Guests who visited our Stores.
Quantities of these dolls are very limited, and we realize that not everyone will be able to get the doll of their choice even with a new process in place. Our aim is to increase the possibility of our Guests to obtain the dolls that they are seeking. Therefore we have updated our release plans as follows:
• We will now release for sale all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas on one date in Stores on 10/17/11.
• We will then have a Disneystore.com release of all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls (Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas) the following day on 10/18/11, at a time to be determined.
• We will be limiting the purchase to one doll per Princess, per Purchasing Guest - both in-store and at Disneystore.com
• We will implement a line queue and ticketing procedure (first come, first served) in Stores on the release date and the dolls will be sold at store opening.
• Guests that are not successful in obtaining the Princess Doll of their choice at the Stores will be able to try again later at Disneystore.com
We thank you for your continued support and loyalty. We hope you have a Magical day.
So, that being said, how do you feel about the solution? I, for one, am somewhat torn to say the least. Although I feel it's better than the previous situation, I'm still worried about not getting to own Tiana. I actually thought about trying to get to my closest store since we now have a date for the ordeal, but then realized I would have to leave my house at 4 a.m. to get to the store at 6 a.m. just to stand in line until 10 a.m. when the store opened, which is also when the mall opens, and try to rush to the store and get there in time before losing a spot by going in through the mall.
No matter what, I think I'm giving up all hope to actually get one from a store, and I'll just have to stalk the website throughout the night/day to try and get my hands on them that way. I just hope the new solution helps in even a minor way!
From other sites around the web