Friday marks the unofficial start of the holiday shopping season here in the U.S., and while Black Friday usually means deep discounts at retailers ... it also means a few new releases sprinkled into the mix. ESC-Toy and Quantum Mechanix are among those offering up new pieces for the sales event, while others are offering up to 50 percent off retail price on items in stock.
We'll update this post as we hunt down more info, but past the jump, you'll find a few of the deals we've already got info on. Be sure to check your favorite retailers to see if they're doing anything special!
- Clutter Magazine: The Clutter shop is offering 20 percent off all magazines, apparel and exclusives with the code "GOBBLE" from Nov. 23 to 26.
- Cris Rose: Cris has painted up a bunch of his robots in black and gold colors; they'll all be on sale for 15 percent off with the code "BLACKBOT15". However, Cris will be tweeting codes for 20 and 25 percent off once sales open up, so stay tuned.
- Dragatomi: At their Sacramento location (2317 J St.), Dragatomi is offering 20 percent off from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Pacific, and 10 percent off from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific. You can get another 5 percent off by bringing in a canned good to donate.
- Entertainment Earth: In addition to their sale page, there's a buy three, get one free deal on Funko Pop! vinyl figures, and some exclusives on sale. They're Twilight Zone, Venture Bros., Doctor Who TARDIS, 4th Doctor, 11th Doctor, Six Million Dollar Man, and Battlestar Galactica travel mugs from Bif Bang Pow!, all on sale for US$12.99 each.
- ESC-Toy: Two new figures are releasing from ESC-Toy in their shop: Marina Oyl (limited to 15 pieces, US$100) and the custom Camo Drake figure (limited to 4 pieces; includes custom dog tags; US$400). Buyers will get one entry into a random draw for a super-limited Drake Shiro.
- Japan LA: There's several deals here, but for Tomopop readers, the big deals are a free Hello Kitty poster by Crowded Teeth with any purchase, and that Peekaboo Monsters' giant Hello Kitty Fight Club pieces from the Sanrio 50th Anniversary Art Show are discounted to half-off. Now, they're only US$3,500 each.
- Kuso Vinyl: For Nov. 23 only, enter the code "KUSOBLACK2012" to get 40 percent off your orders.
- MAD: MAD's Black Friday release is his 7-inch resin Modern Hero figure in black. Limited to 13 pieces at US$300 each, the Modern Hero piece comes in a laser-etched wooden case and is probably going to sell out quick. They'll be in MAD's shop at noon Central (1 p.m. Eastern, 9 a.m. Pacific, 6 p.m. GMT) and likely out of stock shortly after.
- mintyfresh: For Black Friday only, enter any of the following codes to get the matching discount: "BLACKFRIDAY5" for a 5 percent discount on orders over €50; "BLACKFRIDAY15" for a 15 percent discount on orders over €150; and "BLACKFRIDAY5" for a 25 percent discount on orders over €500.
- Munky King: Using the coupon code "BLKFRIDAY" will net you 40 percent off on almost anything, with a few exceptions like the new Luke Chueh Target piece.
- myplasticheart: Select items are marked 20 to 50 percent off; you get an additional 5 percent off all in-store purchases, too. Runs until the end of Nov. 25.
- Rotofugi: Up to 50 percent off on select items. Prices good through Nov. 23.
- Quantum Mechanix: Released on Black Friday only will be a limited-run of 100 1/2-scale Mini Farnsworth Replicas from Warehouse 13, priced at US$69.95 each. Various merchandise items will be on sale: for example, the Warehouse 13 Phoenix Medallion Replica and Battlestar Galactica Coaster Set are 50 percent off, while the Admiral Adama maquette is 30 percent off. Sale starts midnight Pacific Nov. 23 and ends 11:59 p.m. Pacific Nov. 25. Sale prices WILL NOT be displayed until the sale starts.
- Sideshow Collectibles: Sales of up to 50 percent off through Nov. 26 on select items
- Super7: Buy three T-shirts, get one free. Also debuting are the Custom Tailored Apparel line, at US$85 each.
- Toy Art Gallery: Most items will be marked down 20 percent off with US$5 continental U.S. shipping on all orders and free blind-boxed toys for orders over US$50. Runs until Nov. 26.
- Vaud Villain Toys: 20 percent off regular inventory, 10 percent off sale items, orders over US$50 get free standard domestic shipping. Runs from midnight on Nov. 23 to midnight on Nov. 26
- Vannen Watches: Everything is 50 percent off with the code "BLACK50".
Previously featured: BigBadToyStore, HobbyLink Japan, Martin Hsu
[Updated: 2:30 a.m. Eastern, Friday, Nov. 23]
Cris Rose has returned from ToyCon and he's placed all his unsold pieces up for purchase. As you can see from the gallery, he did quite a few Sprogs, as well as Rotund Mk2s, Lunar Sprogs, Ruckuses, Postal Sprogs, Reclamation ...
ToyCon UK opens up this weekend, and many of the major British designer artists will be in attendance (with some surprises, too). Add in the fact that many will be bringing their own pieces to Baden-Powell House, and you have...
The Robotones have returned, and Cris Rose's resin robots have a new face among them. Meet Refract, the new design for 2013 chosen by the Robotones subscribers. The first colorway is an ice blue hue, and like the Mk2 Sprogs, ...
Cris Rose has some more Sprog news for his fans, and we thought we'd share it, too. First, there's the news about this year's Robotones. Out are open runs for each month, due to some limitations on what Cris will be able to d...
Cris Rose has a new Personal Trimentional Viewer on the way, and this one is fitting given that the U.K. is having a little snow problem as of late. The January Snowday Renold PTV is what this piece is called, featuring one o...
Cris Rose's robot workshop is churning out a brand new line to kick out 2013. Well, sort of. He's taking his robot designs to the Android designer toy platform with Reclamation Drones, a resin/vinyl custom series. Limite...
Cris Rose's latest Sprogs release isn't a little resin robot at all. Instead, it's a series of pins he's calling the Robot Identification Tags, each 1 inch tall. The pins will feature favorite Sprog designs and, in the C...
Cris Rose's robot resins ride again, as the Robotones return a week late in November! Now available in Cris' shop, the 3-inch-tall monotone Rourke and Renold Sprogs are available this month in an light olive green colorway. E...
Cris Rose's Lunar Sprogs were previewed last week, but they'll soon be available! And by soon, I mean today. The Lunar Sprogs Edition A set features four designs — Rigadon, Runcorn, Rutherford, and Roemer — a...