The rules are simple! You don't need to have narrative text in your story, as Scarecroodle and others have proven, in order for it to be good or acceptable. We've had folks make their entries look like comic strips as well, which is also encouraged, creative, acceptable, rad, you name it. There isn't really a minimum or maximum amount of images, although I think one of our readers figured out what the max amount of BBCode image lines are allowed in a c-blog post (it's.. a lot).
Your images must be at most 620 pixels wide in order to fit in the page properly, otherwise something's going to get cut off. There isn't a limit to how many images you post, since you're hosting them anyhow. In order to get some images on your blog post, just put them up on Flickr, Photobucket or any of those free image hosting services and link to them using BBCode tags (the line with the [IMG]<text>[/IMG] tags).
If you don't have a Tomopop log-in account, you won't be able to create a blog entry. If you're new to these contests, this is your first step! It's quick and easy, and once you're through, you need only click on the "create new blog" button at the top of the page, and title it with "Monthly Megapixel: <your story title here>" to be entered in the contest.
Lastly, those of you who don't live in the U.S. or Canada are not excluded from this contest. The only thing we ask is that you cover the shipping if you are to be prized on something. This way, we could open the contest to everyone! I promise it won't cost you an arm and a leg, too.
Remember, it doesn't have to be a photographic epic — if it's all you can come up with, you could submit entries with just a few beautiful and descriptive images and it's just fine. It's all about being creative and hitting the mark with the contest theme, by any photographic means possible!
If any of you are having issues with the editor and getting your post up, just send an e-mail to me (kristina [at] tomopop [dot] com), or Brian ([at] Tomopop [dot] com), or even our tips@ mail so somebody could get to it. Sometimes a post won't show up on your end and cause some confusion, but will still be visible to everyone else; things could be a little buggy here and there. Just don't panic! I will accept all entries that were completed on time as long as we could see your post, even if we had to recover it after the due date.
As I mentioned earlier, this contest is being sponsored by HobbyLink Japan (whee!). The three main prizes will be Chibi-Arts Kotetsu and Taito's Persona 4 Chie and Yukiko (separately). They're all rad, and depending on how many entries we get, I'll toss in some extra prizes on the side, so don't you worry! I also still have some Peanuts Formation Arts figures, also from HLJ, that I can give away. Let's make it another good month!
Also, it's opinion poll time! Do you like the regular Megapixel format? Is it too much work, and not enough fun? Speak up! We got so many entries for the last contest, that I'm wondering whether I should condense this a little more? What I like about Monthly Megapixel is it challenges everyone to get creative and have fun with their figures, and I add prizes to sweeten the deal. Should I do more "Micropixel" style contests in between, to give y'all breaks from these bigger contests? Because I can totally do that. After all, they're my contests. I call the shots. Leave me your feedback in the comments section below!
Reblog (or) Blog Reply
Contests Official RulesNo Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: .com contests are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and shipping costs (yay budgets), often limit participation to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our overseas friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your prize, and then you two figure out the customs/logistics. Be cautious about who you trust, obviously. Employees of .com, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contests, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contests (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are *not* eligible and will be fired and publicly beaten if are caught participating. All U.S., federal, state and local and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Contest (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Contest site.
4. Entry: To enter a Contest, follow the instructions on the Contest site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can enter the Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person, with the exception of patron members who may enter contests by logging into their 'perks' page.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise specified in the contest details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, we may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Contest.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on .com and/or receive a Private Message on .com or through a Twitter Direct Message/Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where 's hardcore fans are most active (forums/community blogs/facebook group).
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9.Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; © printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contest Results: To enter the contest without needing to buy/sell anything or request a written copy of the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Contest you are requesting the winners for) to .com Contest Winners, 548 Market Street #59757, San Francisco, CA 94104 USA. We run many contests, so please be specific in what you are requesting. Winner requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable contest (they're always posted on our site though). Winners are usually posted the day following the contest on our contest section.
Lastly, has the right to kick your ass and take away your prize if you are a total chode, so be cool and don't kick any puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our contests and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the power, then you get the money, then get the baby.
Follow Blog + disclosure kriskitten Tips
Kristina is a freelance photographer and writer from Miami. She's a hardcore Disney fan, sunflower admirer, and book slinger. Tweet her @geekerydo. For a full look at where she writes and where... more | staff directory
Setup email comments
Unsavory comments? Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma). Can't see comments? Apps like Avast or browser extensions can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.